Frequently Asked Questions in Bloomington
Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about chiropractors in Bloomington. Knowing the answers to these important questions will help you pick the best chiropractor in Bloomington for you. If we didn't cover a question you may have, give Back and Neck Pain Relief Center a call at (812) 336-2225 and we will be more than happy to help answer your question.
Yes! Chiropractic care is safe and effective. Based on many scientific studies, the general consensus is that chiropractic care is the treatment of choice for spinal conditions. Over the past several years, there have been numerous controlled studies and peer reviews that have shown that chiropractic care is safe and effective. Based on this scientific evidence, chiropractic care has been shown to help treat spinal conditions such as back pain, headaches, and migraines, as well as many other conditions relating to the spine.
An adjustment is the method of treatment used by your chiropractor. Your chiropractor will deliver an adjustment, aka manipulation, to the spine in order to position a misaligned vertebra back to its proper alignment. This is a controlled, highly specific, and safe pressure applied to the spine. A specialized technique will be used depending on your individual spinal condition and needs.
This adjustment or manipulation to the spine will, in turn, restore proper position, motion, and function to the area being affected. This precise mechanism is something that your highly skilled chiropractor has learned and perfected through years of training during graduate school and in clinical practice. Chiropractic adjustments are among the safest of all health care treatments because they are drug-free, non-surgical, non-invasive, and low risk.
Techniques we use to treat spinal conditions:
- Diversified Technique (Reinert Specific)
- Activator Method/Technique
- Cox Technique (Cox Flexion-Distraction)
- Thompson Terminal Point Technique aka Thompson Drop
- SOT (Sacro-Occipital Technique)
As a licensed Chiropractor, it is our duty to do the following:
- New patient paperwork is completed as well as other questionnaires related to your specific problem.
- You will consult with the doctor and he/she will conduct a thorough review of your specific problem, past history (medical, social, family, etc.) and a review of overall health. This consultation is your opportunity to discuss your health concerns.
- A physical examination will be performed which may include a chiropractic evaluation, orthopedic and muscle testing, and reflex assessments to help identify the problem.
- If warranted, an X-ray may be used to confirm the examination findings. This will assist in the further investigation for the presence of an underlying bone condition(s) or pathological developments. X-rays are done in the office and may be necessary to determine a specific diagnosis.
- The doctor will then thoroughly study your case including history, examination findings, and x-ray interpretation. In order to give the doctor enough time to do this, the doctor will go over the results with you on your next visit.
- Depending on your individual situation, your doctor may begin physical therapy and/or proceed with a chiropractic adjustment.
Of course, this is the toughest question of all. There are several factors to consider listed below:
- Length of time you have had the problem
- Degree of disability
- Lifestyle (work, hobbies, diet, exercise, etc.)
- How much degenerative changes have already occurred in the spine
Patients may experience soreness after their first treatment/adjustment. This is similar to starting a new work out program at the gym.
Each patient will receive a recommended treatment plan based on the individual’s condition(s). The extent of your case will determine the length of treatment. Individual cases vary and chronic conditions will need more treatment. Compliance with your prescribed treatment plan will help you to achieve optimal results.
From athletes to homemakers, construction workers to office jobs, infants to seniors, chiropractic care can help you to achieve proper function and optimal health. Just like a regular dental check-up, or a visit to your optometrist, regular checkups of your spine are equally important. Routine visits to your chiropractor can help keep your body functioning the way it was designed to and maintain better health.
|Monday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
2:00pm - 6:00pm
|Tuesday||8:00am - 1:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
2:00pm - 6:00pm
|Thursday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
2:00pm - 6:00pm
|Friday||8:00am - 1:00pm|
Back and Neck Pain Relief Center
1710 West 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47404
Fax: (812) 822-0606