CLASS IV LASER THERAPY IN BLOOMINGTON
Class IV Laser Therapy from Bloomington chiropractors, is the use of specific wavelengths of light (red and near-infrared) to create therapeutic effects. These effects include a reduction in pain and inflammation, reduced scar tissue formation, accelerated healing in damaged tissues, reduction in muscle tension, and stimulates nerve regeneration. Laser therapy has been widely utilized by many healthcare professionals in Europe. Now, after FDA clearance in 2002, it is extensively used in the United States. Laser therapy is very safe and effective and does not require the use of drugs or surgery. Studies have shown that it is equal to or more effective than other forms of rehabilitation.
BENEFITS OF LASER THERAPY IN BLOOMINGTON
So what does laser therapy really do? The physiological effects of laser therapy are explained in greater detail below:
- Pain Relief: Laser therapy decreases nerve sensitivity by decreasing bradykinin; a pain eliciting chemical. It normalizes ion channels [cellular gatekeepers] and releases endorphins [body’s natural pain reliever] and enkephalins [related to endorphins] that produce an analgesic effect. It also has a pain-blocking effect on certain nerve fibers.
- Anti-Inflammatory/Healing: Laser therapy increases ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), which is stored energy. This increased energy accelerates the repair processes of the cell. Laser also causes a widening of the arteries and veins around the injury which helps to remove damaged cellular debris and increase nutrients and oxygen. Therefore, white blood cell activity is enhanced leading to a more rapid repair process. Also, some molecules that increase inflammation are reduced, and beneficial antioxidants like superoxide dismutase are increased.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from laser therapy penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. As a result of exposure to laser light, the cells of tendons, ligaments, nerves and muscles are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue, which speeds up the healing process, and closes wounds quickly.
- Trigger and Acupuncture Points: Laser therapy is particularly effective in extinguishing painful trigger points. It is also an effective way of stimulating acupuncture points without the discomfort associated with needling.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from repetitive motion injuries, cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates the building blocks of collagen, which is important in the wound healing of damaged tissues. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair injuries. As a result, the laser is effective on open wounds and burns.
- Stem Cell Activation: Laser therapy increases the number of stem cells, which enhances healing.
|Monday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
2:00pm - 6:00pm
|Tuesday||8:00am - 1:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
2:00pm - 6:00pm
|Thursday||9:00am - 12:00pm|
2:00pm - 6:00pm
|Friday||8:00am - 1:00pm|
Back and Neck Pain Relief Center
1710 West 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47404
Fax: (812) 822-0606